For those of you searching for joining Societies, Clubs and Hobbies in Surrey you have come to the right place if you have an interest in or would like to learn more about the wonderful Russian history and culture. This year's subscription for members will remain at £35, which represents excellent value. The guest rates are £8 per evening. Please use our contact form
and address your membership enquiries to our Treasurer Laura Oram.
New members are welcome to arrive on the night of a meeting with no prior arrangement, paying either £8 for that evening or £35 to become a member. It of course helps if new members and guests can arrive a little before 7pm which will give you time to chat with Laura who is always there to welcome guests and members.
There will be the opportunity to attend twelve meetings (in English) between September 2016 and June 2017 in this, our 33rd
season. Our full programme
- Globalisation and Russia
- An evening of Russian stories
- The Nutcracker Ballet (1892) story
- Live reading of amusing play "The Proposal" by Anton Chekhov
- Adventures and Enterprise at the Heart of the Silk Road
- Delights and Perils of an International Interpreter
- Live concert: Classical Russian Music
- 25th Candlelight Russian Dinner: Private dinner party with a Russian menu and Russian music at Nightingales Restaurant, Carshalton
- Russian Winter Party and Summer Party
- Short film on St Petersburg’s Treasures 1800 – 2000
- Short talks on: Russian political immigrants 1880 – 1918; Cosmonauts: when Russia led the Space Race 1957 – 1968; Operation Barbarossa: Germany’s failures and Russia’s successes, The story of collective farms and Fabergé’s animal figurines
- Russian team quiz
- Short film on Cruising Russia: From Kizhi to Kostroma
- Buterbrodi (sandwiches), cakes and Russian tea each evening.